Nurturing Growth Together
The mission of North Country Thrive is to support successful students, productive citizens, and thriving communities through a collaborative network of partners that leverages data and aligns community resources to ensure every citizen, regardless of age, has the opportunity to succeed, from cradle through career.
North Country Thrive began as a discussion between community and business leaders. Local businesses were struggling to find skilled qualified employees. Recognizing that change would not come at simply the career level, the discussion turned towards education. In order to open lines of communication between education and business, we realized that we could not proceed as we had in the past. The StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network provided us with the model for a data-focused partnership, and led us to create North Country Thrive.
Thrive is partnership in Clinton, Essex, Franklin counties and St. Regis Mohawk Reservation in Northern New York.
Essex and Clinton counties are home to 17,226 children in schools and 8,739 children under the age of 5 in Franklin, Essex, and Clinton Counties according to 2010 census data.
The region is also home to 137,097 people of all age groups, according to 2010 Census data. However our region, accounts for 4,461 square miles, geographically, that's almost 10% of New York State!
1. Every child is PREPARED for school
2. Every student is SUPPORTED inside and outside of school
3. Every student SUCCEEDS academically
4. Every student is aware of opportunities to ENROLL in postsecondary education or training to ADVANCE their opportunities beyond high school and prepare for a successful career.
5. Our community is ACTIVELY ENGAGED in LIFELONG LEARNING